Big Fish School of Digital Filmmaking is a multi-award winning educational institution dedicated to professional practice and social justice

Since 2007, we have created opportunities for individuals with aspirations for employment within the film and television sector, plying them with industry-specific skills required for employment.

Our classes are led by award winning professionals, dedicated to training a new generation of filmmakers who will add value and depth to both the media industry and local economy as a whole. Our students are taught specific skills that reflect the core requirements of employers across the film industry locally, regionally and internationally.

Big Fish is one of the first film schools internationally to go beyond technical training to teach socially-responsible filmmaking that reflects the narratives of living in Africa.  The result is a conscious alumnus who is driven to create meaningful and engaging content that inspires transformation and gives hope.

The success rate of our graduates in finding employment is testament to our progressive educational approach. Over 80 percent of our graduates find industry-related employment; the remaining 20 percent work on different projects including at Little Pond, a production trust established for former students to explore their capacity as independent filmmakers.

Since its inception, Big Fish has successfully assisted disadvantaged youth gain access to tertiary education by offering bursaries to selected candidates through the help and support of sponsors and benefactors.

For more information about courses, fees and bursaries, head to our dedicated student and benefactors sections.